10 October 2022

Moth Boy


 How strange 
that I should find him
sitting here at my feet 
in this music room.
I first met Moth Boy 
as he was monikered 
by my daughter 
clinging to the walls
of her nightmares 
when she was but 
a very little girl. 
He returned 
from time to time
over the years 
and each time 
I watched 
my daughter's fear 
gradually give way
to the possibility 
that Moth Boy
was bringing with him 
tidings of change
in her life.
His visits she said 
coincided with 
new beginnings 
and transformations
and fear transcended.
Moth Boy she said 
offered her his wings 
to fly above her fear
then one day 
she grew wings 
of her own
and Moth Boy 
came no more
until now 
in this music room
where I sit 
with budding wings
making ready 
to fly 
above my fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment