28 April 2011

A Maze Ing


A picture frame
a clock
a wok
a cutting board
a mat
were on the list
when I left home
instead
I bought a rat
some finger puppets
and a vase
a bed
a stepping ladder
and if
that wasn’t
quite enough
the thing
that makes
me madder
was the meatballs
set in gravy
with a dollop
of potato
that found their way
into my mouth
when I met
with my friend
later ...
dazed and glazed
and programmed
to join in
any queue
we wound around
some railings
linked
to mass production
food...
following 
all the others
we grabbed
a tray
and plates
piled them high
with mash
and meatballs
bagged a table
sat
and ate!

2 comments:

  1. Got the bed and the wok and have eaten more Swedish meatballs than I care to remember. Great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Ha! So you guessed!Just bought some new chairs. Was looking for a curtain rod! xxoo

    ReplyDelete